these were taken from The Story Siren and Bloody Bookaholic.
the “I” is The Story Siren speaking, not me.
- “Biggest pet peeve-only allowing people to comment who are registered users of certain blogging platform (see a lot on Blogger blogs)
- Pet peeve: no original content; just cutting & pasting publicity from publishers/authors
- When the majority of your posts are memes. It's just filler.
- A huge pet peeve of mine is when bloggers only provide a partial feed for their blog. All or nothing, people!
- Pet peeves: music on blogs, crowded templates, TONS of challenge updates
- When the colors of the font are too bright or different sizes it's distracting and the backgrounds should be simple.
- I also think that there should be no more than 7 posts per page if not it takes AGES to load.
- White letters on a black background. Talk about a headache. or yellow, red, bright green on black background! Those HURT! Also auto-play music! GAH!
- Word verification annoys me. It always takes me a couple tries to actually spell them correctly.
- Is it wrong of me to be irritated with blog giveaways that give 85 gazillion ways to earn extra entries?
- Blogs with HUGE font or really small font.
- Anything on your blog that is animated or moves or flashes
- Really bad spelling mistakes
- Blogs without archives or without contact information
- No access to contact info or form, no navigation, way too many graphics , cluttered sidebars, multi colored text in posts
- People who post all their "awards" on the sidebar!
- Autoplay in general. Widgets, music, anything.
- Pet peeve: New Moon widgets that AUTOPLAY. I do not want to hear Bella and Edward talk about their love to each other
- People that give away books signed by the author directly to them. Obviously, you either took the time to meet the author, or the author sent you the book. courteous much?
- Another blogger pet peeve: Not linking to a blogger/post when you mention them. Who doesn't love link love?
- Glitter graphics
- Movie posters
- Non-book related widgets, like pets...?
- When people post to apologize for not posting! life happens. no need to explain. don't apologize and tell me you have a review coming, just post the review!
- Which are your Blogger Pet Peeves? (And please note, that these are not all my personal feelings! These are a collection of responses that I gathered on Twitter)”